Asthma is a lung condition, which causes swelling and inflammation in the airways. It also makes the lungs produce excessive mucus. People who have asthma can experience symptoms, like breathlessness, wheezing sound while exhaling, and coughing, especially during the night. Ventolin evohaler can help ease your symptoms and bring your relief. You can consult with your doctor for a suitable dosage. Moreover, buy the inhaler today if it is about to over.
Asthma symptoms may differ from person to person. You may not experience the same signs and symptoms as other people. Therefore, if you feel like having a respiratory infection, reach out to your doctor. The symptoms may include-
- A whistling sound while exhaling
- Coughing, especially at night, during exercise, or when you laugh
- Tightness or pain in the chest
- Shortness of breath
If your asthma has become worse, you may experience the following symptoms-
- Your difficulty in breathing may have increased
- You are using a relief- inhaler very often
- The signs and symptoms may have become recurrent and more troublesome
Hyperinflated Lungs: A Consequence of Asthma
When your respiratory tract becomes infected, your lungs cannot perform their function properly. This condition makes them grab more air to compensate for the shortage. It makes your lungs hyperinflated. With time, air sacs become less elastic, and the tissues of your lungs begin to damage.
In addition, asthma, which is not associated with COPD, can also restrict the airflow and cause the condition.
When Should I Reach Out to My Doctor?
If the symptoms of asthma are not managed properly, it may result in an asthma attack. Therefore, sit with your doctor and plan how you can keep your symptoms in control. Nevertheless, if you experience the following condition, you may need medical help immediately-
- No improvement even after using the Ventolin evohaler (inhaler)
- You are unable to take in the breaths
- If you are experiencing breathlessness while doing minor physical work
In addition to these conditions, you should visit your doctor to-
- Observe your symptoms after diagnosis
- If you feel like having a respiratory infection
- If the signs and symptoms of asthma become poor
- Re-evaluating your treatment
What Are the Causes of Asthma?
The exact cause of asthma isn’t clear. However, specialists say that environmental and genetic factors are the culprits in causing the condition.
A number of things and substances can trigger asthma. You can consult with your doctor to know the substances and activities that can make the symptoms poor. Nevertheless, some of the common triggers are mentioned as follows-
- Medications like aspirin, ibuprofen, beta-blockers, and certain others
- Condition of acid reflux
- Cold or flu
- Excessive physical activity
- Foods and beverages like dried fruits, and wine
- Airborne allergens like dust, pet dander, mites, and others
- Smoke and other irritants
- Strong emotions
- Cold air
Try to avoid the pre-mentioned foods and medications to keep your symptoms in control. In addition, try to reduce your stress to prevent this respiratory infection. You can also take the help of your healthcare provider to know how you can manage your symptoms in a better way.
What Makes You Prone to Asthma?
A number of factors can elevate the possibility of developing this respiratory infection. Some of them may include-
- Family history of asthma
- Exposure to industrial chemicals
- Exposure to pollution like fumes
- Having an allergic reaction
- Exposure to second-hand smoke
Risk factors like genetics cannot be defeated. However, you and your doctor may sit and work to reduce the risk of having the condition. In addition, the risk factors like smoking, obesity, and second-hand smoke can be avoided. Cover your face if you are working in an atmosphere where dust and industrial chemicals are a part of daily work. Take a Ventolin evohaler with you wherever you go. It may help ease your symptoms in emergency cases.